VenerDOCG. The walking aperitif through the Prosecco DOCG valley excellencesproseccando
VenerDOCG is a format created by the Valdobbiadene city council in order to value the excellent productions of the Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco DOCG area and the historical city center of Valdobbiadene.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Every last Friday of the month, from 18.30 on, Valdobbiadene wakes up and around Piazza Manzoni is all a clink of glasses. Each winery is paired with a bar, tavern or restaurant and together they create and present a perfect food & Prosecco match.
Tourists and residents can taste, with only 4 €, a glass of Prosecco and a small dish (“cicchetti”), served in a specific venue. Afterwards, clients can choose another place where to discover other pairings, following the “Tapas” Spanish model.
The locations that have joined the project are: Nuova Filanda, Caneva dai Boret, Ombralonga, Bar Alpino, Secco, Bar Roma, Caffè Commercio, Cavò, Osteria La Rizza and Boutique del Gelato. Promoter of the initiative is the Councilor for Tourism and Sport of Valdobbiadene, Tommaso Razzolini.
THE MENU AND THE FOOD & PROSECCO PAIRINGS
The menu is really tempting and it changes every month. For the creation of the”cicchetti” it is requested to use ingredients from small local productions that are really excellent in this area: from malga cheese to cured meats, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
During the weeks prior to the date the VenerDOCG team presents, on the social channels of the initiative, a preview of all the food and Prosecco pairings accompanied with really irresistible photos. We advise you to follow those channels on Instagram to be inspired -> link
OCT. 26TH EDITION
Here below we present an example of the pairings from the last edition of VenerDOCG on October 26th:
- Boutique del gelato offers pomegranate sorbet with Valdobbiadene DOCG Bortolin Angelo and marroni from Combai
- During this event, Osteria La Rizza offers pumpkin cream with goat’s robiola bio from Latteria Perenzin and crouton of black bread. It is combined with a glass of Valdobbiadene DOCG ExtraDry from Barichel
- Cavò Nobilvigne offers tripe on bread crust with grated Vezzena d’alpeggio. This will be paired with a glass of Valdobbiadene DOCG Rive of San Pietro di Barbozza of Cantina Val D’Oca
- Caffè Commercio Altrestorie offers chiodini mushrooms “in tecia” (in pot) with polenta and Morlacco cheese, paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Venti3 Brut of Massimo Capretta
- Caffè Roma offers pumpkins gnocchi of Pro Loco Caorera with smoked ricotta sarda, paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Dirupo Brut of Andreola vineyard.
- Secco offers stuffed pizza roll with bacon and Asiago cheese, paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Brut Nature Introverso Bastia Valdobbiadene
- Bar Alpino offers crusted “musetto” paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Vecchie Viti Ruggeri
- Ombralonga offers cotechino of La Becaria di Mirco Mattiazzo with herbs, paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Millesimato Brut dosaggio zero Franco of Cantina Le Bertole
- Caneva dai Boret offers Marroni of Montefenera IGP from the chestnut grove of Andrea Mondin, paired with Valdobbiadene DOCG Millesimato of Al Cartizze da Bepi Boret vinery
- Nuova Filanda offers mushrooms risotto from Montello and fonduta with Malga cheese of Fattoria Curto – Storica Latteria di Miane, paired Valdobbiadene DOCG Tridik Millesimato Brut Nature of Colesel winery
- Friday, 30th November
- Friday 28th December
Stay tuned, we will update you with menus and wineries involved in the next dates